Ear Conditions & Treatments
Our team of board-certified otolaryngologists are expertly trained to treat a wide range of ear conditions, including ear infections, eardrum perforations, cholesteatoma, and more.
What ear conditions do we treat?
The physician team specializes in treating an array of conditions affecting the ears. These include:
- Otitis Media (Middle Ear Infections)
- Eardrum Perforations
- Earwax impaction
- Hearing Loss
- Meniere’s Disease
- Swimmer’s Ear
- Hearing and Noise Protection
- Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease
- Chronic Ear Disease
When should i see an ENT Doctor for an ear condition?
If you experience any of the following symptoms, we may recommend contacting our office to schedule an appointment for further examination:
- Severe or prolonged pain: If you have severe or prolonged ear pain, it could be a sign of an ear infection.
- Ear discharge: If you have discharge from your ear, it could be a sign of an infection or injury.
- Eardrum perforation: If you have a hole in your eardrum, you may experience hearing loss, discharge from the ear, and severe pain.
- Earwax buildup: If you have excessive earwax buildup, it can lead to ear infections or hearing loss.
- Hearing loss: If you experience sudden or gradual hearing loss, it’s important to see a doctor to determine the cause.
- Vertigo: If you feel dizzy or have a spinning sensation, you may have vertigo, which requires medical attention.
- Tinnitus: If you hear ringing, buzzing, or other noises in your ear, you may have tinnitus, which can be a symptom of an underlying condition.
In addition, if you have a fever, headache, or neck pain along with any of the above symptoms, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible.
What Treatments for ear conditions do you provide?
At your appointment, our clinical team will take the time to listen to your symptoms to understand the severity, causes, and concerns around your condition. Our physicians will perform a physical exam of your ears, using an otoscope or other instruments to look inside your ear canal. Depending on your symptoms and what is seen during the physical exam, they may order further testing or imaging.
Treatment options will depend on the underlying condition. Our team will work closely with you to determine a personalized treatment plan that works for your needs and lifestyle. Some treatments available include:
- Earwax Removal
- Ear Tubes
- Ear Plastic Surgery
- Tympanoplasty (Eardrum Repair)
- Hearing Testing
If you or your child are experiencing any of the above ear conditions, contact our office or schedule an appointment online to see one of our ENT specialists at Austin ENT & Allergy.